Personal Information We Collect
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Personal Data that we collect through the Site:
- Data submitted when interacting with the Site: if you request a demo or fill in the “contact us” form, we may collect your full name, email address and phone number and all other information which you may voluntarily provide as part of your interaction with the Site or in later communications with us.
- Device information: we may also collect Personal Information from your device, such as IP address and other online identifiers.
Personal Data that we collect through the Application:
- When you sign up to use the Application, we will collect your full name and email address, as it is registered in your employer’s systems.
- When you use the Application, we may also collect your IP address.
When you interact with Dremio through the Services, we receive and store certain Non-Personal Information. Dremio may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Dremio affiliates, agents or service providers. The Services may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers.
When you use the Application, we automatically record information about how you use the Application (“Usage Data”). Usage Data includes information like browser type, operating system, the pages or features of the Application accessed or used by you and the time spent on those pages or features, actions taken when using the Application, and other statistical information. If we associate Non-personal Information with Personal Information, we will treat such information as Personal Information.
In operating the Site, we may use a technology called “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of information that the computer that hosts our Site gives to your browser when you access the Site. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Site and help us analyze Site usage more accurately. For instance, our Site may set a cookie on your browser that allows you to access the Site without needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the Site. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but such disabling may cause some of the features of our Site to not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Integrating Social Networking Services:
You may also have the option of posting your Services activities to Social Networking Services when you access content through the Services (for example, you may post to Facebook that you performed an activity on the Service); you acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers and subscribers on any Social Networking Services you have enabled will be able to view such activity.
Legal Basis for Proecssing
Processing of Personal Information is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with our services, to protect our legitimate interests and to comply with our legal obligations.
Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information:
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information:
Dremio is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Dremio, like many businesses, sometimes hires others to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
Legal Requirements: Dremio may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Dremio, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
In any case we will conclude that disclosure of Personal Information is necessary, we will only disclose that portion of the Personal Information that is required in order to satisfy the basis for disclosure. We will share the Personal Information under appropriate safeguards.
For EU Residents: Certain third parties may be located in jurisdictions outside of the EEA. If we share your personal information with such third parties, we will ensure that the transfer is done only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection, or otherwise ensure that the transfer is done in accordance with an approved legal mechanism under the applicable privacy legislation (including without limitation the GDPR).
User Rights (For EU Users):
You may request to
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Data, together with certain supplementary information.
- Receive Personal Data you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your Personal Data that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data.
- Object to the processing of Personal Data by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your Personal Data by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute and may be subjected to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements. If you ever decide to exercise any of the above rights, you may do so by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Note to California Residents
We have not Sold Your Personal Information in the preceding 12 months.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed Personal Information, as necessary for the performance of certain Business Purposes, with our Service Providers, as described in this policy. Such Personal Information includes the following categories:
- Identifiers (such as name, IP, email address or other similar identifiers);
Internet or other electronic network activity Information (including, but not limited to, information regarding your interaction with the Site).
- We disclose your Personal Information to third parties for a business purpose (as it is defined under the CCPA). When we disclose Personal Information for a Business Purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires both parties to keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except in the performance of the contract.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the above-mentioned categories of Personal Information with the following categories of recipients for a business purpose:
- Our affiliates;
- The Services are not intended for the use of minors. We have not knowingly Sold nor will we Sell the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
You are granted the following rights with regard to your Personal Data:
- Receive disclosure regarding what Personal Data concerning you is being processed, sold, and other details pertaining to it (such as its categories, sources, recipients, purpose and specific pieces of Personal Information), in the 12 months prior to the request.
- You may also receive a copy of your Personal Data obtained by us in the 12 months prior to your request, in a readily usable format. Please note you may only request a copy of your data twice within a 12-month period.
- Request erasure of Personal Data we collected from you.
Right to not be discriminated because of the exercise of your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services;
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, please note that these rights pertain to California residents only, are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
Only you or a person authorized to act on your behalf, as specified below, may make a consumer request related to your Personal Information.
The request must be verifiable, and therefore:
- You need to provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- You need to describe your request with sufficient details to allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- The request can be made through our Contact Us page at https://www.dremio.com/contact/ or to our email address at: email@example.com
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf if:
- The authorized agent is a natural person or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State of California; and
- You sign a written declaration that you authorize the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise your right to know or your right to request deletion, please mail a certified copy of your written declaration authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf using the contact information below.
If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code §§ 4000–4465, it may not be necessary to perform these steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the CCPA.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide our Services. We will retain and use your data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods shall be determined taking into account the type of information collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time.
Links to Other Web Sites:
Dremio takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Dremio via the Internet.
Access to Information; Contacting Dremio:
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services.
You may contact us as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org