Preparing for the Next-Generation Cloud Data Architecture
Data architectures for reporting and analytics continue to evolve as organizations transition from on-premises systems to the cloud. Organizations look to invest in high-performance, flexible, scalable, and future-proof data architecture. Instead of considering the data warehouse and the data lake as independent “data islands” that coexist in a cloud platform, it is time to reconsider the fundamental ways that information is accumulated, managed, and then provisioned to the different downstream data consumers and analytics tools.
In this webinar, David Loshin from TDWI helps you prepare for the next-generation cloud data architecture and discusses steps to take best advantage of this modernized environment.
In this webinar, attendees will learn about:
- Why the traditional data warehouse architecture is insufficient for modern analytics
- Storage tiering, data latency, and minimizing copies
- The importance of separating data from compute on the cloud
- The value of query engines
- How semantic layers enable self-service
David Loshin, President, Knowledge Integrity Inc.
Program Director, Master of Information Management, University of Maryland