Dremio Assembles Stellar Executive Team From Leaders In Big Data and Open Source
Mountain View, CA – July 19, 2017 - Dremio, the self-service data company, today announced the expansion of its management team, adding top talent from big data and open source leaders Hortonworks, Mesosphere and MongoDB, to usher in a fundamentally new approach to data analytics.
In a separate announcement, the company also unveiled its platform for self-service data. (See: Dremio Introduces Self-Service Data Paradigm for Business Intelligence and Data Science)
“Today data analytics is a complex mix of sources, ETL, data warehouses, data lakes, and cubes. Analysts and data scientists are entirely dependent on IT to get the data they need,” said Tomer Shiran, co-founder and CEO, Dremio. “Ten years ago it was infrastructure that was hopelessly complex, and it was developers who were dependent on IT. When Amazon introduced AWS, they introduced a self-service model for infrastructure, liberating developers, and transforming the market. We created Dremio to do for data what AWS did for infrastructure, freeing analysts and data scientists to use data from any source and at any scale, at unprecedented speed, while preserving governance and security. We have assembled a stellar team of industry veterans uniquely qualified to drive our vision forward through all areas of engineering, sales, marketing, and operations.”
Unlike traditional approaches to data analytics, which require IT to build a central store of all business data, Dremio connects any data source to any analytical tool, including BI and data science tools, and scales from one to 1000 or more servers. Dremio has been built from the ground up to empower business users to perform critical data tasks themselves without being dependent on IT, bringing self-service to all layers of the analytics stack, which are entirely IT-driven today.
Joining Co-founder and CEO Tomer Shiran and Co-founder and CTO Jacques Nadeau, Dremio now includes:
- Ron Avnur, VP Engineering: Ron is chartered with leading engineering, product, and support at Dremio. Previously, he served as VP, Products and Services at MongoDB and where he led solution architecture, consulting, support and product management teams. Ron has more than 15 years of experience in DBMS internals. Before that, Ron was one of the first employees at MarkLogic, a petabyte-scale database, where he rose to CTO and Senior Vice President of Engineering.
- Ajay Singh, Head of Field Engineering: Ajay Singh is Head of Field Engineering at Dremio and focuses on ensuring customer and partner success. He has spent his entire career in the data industry, most recently as Head of Partner Engineering and Technology Alliances at Hortonworks. At Hortonworks, Ajay led the growth of the company’s technology alliances ecosystem and drove key design wins with strategic partners. Prior to Hortonworks, Ajay led Solutions Engineering and Professional Services for the Enterprise Division of MarkLogic.
- Collin Weitzman, VP Sales: Collin Weitzman is Vice President of Sales at Dremio. Collin comes to Dremio with more than 15 years of experience in enterprise software sales. Previously, he held early sales roles at Mesosphere and MapR, in both cases growing the U.S. customer base and increasing annual revenue from under $1M to $10s of millions. Prior to that, Collin held numerous sales positions during his 11-year tenure at Oracle.
- Kelly Stirman, VP Strategy and CMO: Kelly oversees the planning, development and execution of Dremio’s strategic initiatives that are centered on go to market strategy, messaging, brand awareness, customer satisfaction, and business development. Previously he was VP Strategy at MongoDB where he led key initiatives, including product launches, go to market strategy, product marketing, and sales enablement. Prior to MongoDB, Kelly served as VP and CTO of Financial Services at MarkLogic.
- Click here to download photo of Tomer Shiran
- Click here to download photo of Jacques Nadeau
- Click here to download photo of Ron Avnur
- Click here to download of photo of Collin Weitzman
- Click here to download a photo of Ajay Singh
- Click here to download a photo of Kelly Stirman
- Click here to download a photo of Dremio’s Co-founders: CEO Tomer Shiran and CTO Jacques Nadeau (Nadeau on the left; Shiran on the right)
Tweet this: .@Dremio announces stellar exec team from big data and open source. http://bit.ly/2tv271u
About Dremio Dremio reimagines analytics for modern data. Created by veterans of open source and big data technologies, Dremio is a fundamentally new approach that dramatically simplifies and accelerates time to insight. Dremio empowers business users to curate precisely the data they need, from any data source, then accelerate analytical processing for BI tools, machine learning, data science, and SQL clients. Dremio starts to deliver value in minutes, and learns from your data and queries, making your data engineers, analysts, and data scientists more productive. For more information, visit www.dremio.com.
Media Contacts: Kim Pegnato Winkowski Public Relations (781) 620-0016 firstname.lastname@example.org