Dremio Announces Record Revenue Growth, Global Expansion and Increased Customer Acquisition to Become the Data-as-a-Service Platform Company
SANTA CLARA, Calif.- March 04, 2019 -Dremio, the Data-as-a-Service Platform company, today announced strong revenue growth and global expansion to close out 2018. The company grew its annual recurring revenue by 10X since 2017, with growth in enterprise customer acquisition up 500 percent. Dremio expanded its global footprint with the addition of engineering, support, and sales teams in Canada, India, and Austin, and launched a new Professional Services Group as well as an on-demand virtual education platform, Dremio University.
“Dremio experienced explosive growth across all business metrics in 2018,” said Tomer Shiran, co-founder and CEO, Dremio. “The adoption of Data-as-a-Service from the industry and customers played a significant role in our record growth in revenue and increased customer base. Our platform provides a fundamentally different approach that allows data to be managed in whichever persistence technology is most appropriate for a given use case while providing the functionality, performance, and security controls required for integrating with the traditional tools deployed on millions of desktops.”
2018 Business Highlights
- Announced an investment from Cisco Investments
- Closed Series B round, led by new investor Norwest Venture Partners with participation from existing investors Lightspeed Venture Partners and Redpoint Ventures.
- Added new customers globally and expanded footprint with existing customers, including Diageo, Microsoft, Standard Chartered, TransUnion, UBS, and VirginOrbit.
- Launched a new Apache-licensed open source technology, The Gandiva Initiative for Apache Arrow; Arrow is now the de-facto standard for in-memory analytics, with more than 1m+ downloads per month.
- Launched a new Professional Services Group, led by Robert Maybin, Principal Consulting Architect at Dremio.
- Expanded office locations to Vancouver, Canada, and Hyderabad, India.
- Launched Dremio 3.0 – bridging the gap between data engineers and data consumers with advanced security and multi-tenant workload controls; integrated data catalog for self-directed data analysis; integration with Kubernetes and Helm charts; support for popular cloud platforms like AWS and Azure.
- Introduced the Dremio Learning Engine, and added support for Looker, to help business analysts and data scientists to discover, curate, share, and analyze data from data lakes, NoSQL, and relational sources using their favorite tools at unprecedented speed.
- CB Insights named Dremio to the third annual AI 100 ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world.
- Dremio was among 50 innovative companies listed in InsideBig Data’s IMPACT 50 List of the most important movers and shakers in the industry.
- Named the winner of two Silver Stevie® Awards in the Tech Startup of the Year- Software category and Technical Innovation of the Year category, in The 16th Annual American Business Awards®.
Dremio is the Data-as-a-Service Platform company. Created by veterans of open source and big data technologies, and the co-creators of Apache Arrow, Dremio is a fundamentally new approach to data analytics that helps companies get more value from their data, faster. Dremio makes data engineering teams more productive, and data consumers more self-sufficient. For more information, visit www.dremio.com.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Redpoint, Norwest Venture Partners, and Cisco Investments. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Winkowski Public Relations