Democratize Your Data by Eliminating Data Copies
Disconnected data copies are a key obstacle to democratizing data and making it readily available to data consumers. However, many organizations think of copies as a necessary evil — a requirement of the data warehouses, BI extracts, cubes and other constructs used to make datasets available to the analysts who rely on them while optimizing performance for their reporting and BI use cases. But what if there is a better way?
Watch this on-demand webinar to learn about next-generation cloud data lake architecture and how it brings together the best attributes of the data warehouse and the data lake to truly democratize data access.
During this webinar you’ll learn:
- How you can avoid loading data into a data warehouse by querying your data directly on S3 or ADLS
- About using a semantic layer to provision different views of the data, eliminating the need for personalized data copies
- Why you no longer need additional copies for performance optimization (e.g., aggregates or sorted tables)
- How to achieve performance with a live connection from your BI tool, making BI extracts and imports unnecessary
- About new technologies for high-throughput data exchange such as Apache Arrow Flight